View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 06:23 PM   #77
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I like the idea of gamers owning games, but I think that many of the games being proposed in the Shire (the only forum open to many) are not really suited for beginner play. The games being proposed have multiple storylines and require a good deal of politics and internal characterization on the part of game players. To my way of thinking, ownership and moving up should be separate.

I like the idea of some sort of non-affiliated writing standard. (Good idea, Beren). Volunteers could be found, there are plenty of qualified people. I also believe that people should be required to play a certain number of Shire games before moving up (I suggest at least two) in order to get to know the Barrow Downs system.

My idea for the game ownership is as follows. Proposals would be made to and assisted by someone not affiliated with any particular gaming forum. In other words, there would be a central proposal process that would not be associated with the Shire, Rohan, or Gondor. Once developed, the proposal would then be assigned to a forum based on several characteristics, some of which might include: complexity and number of the storylines, amount of freedom needed by the characters, how external or internal the action would be, and what level of the fora the game owner will be qualified for by the time the game begins. In this way we keep the ownership system, have more appropriate games for each level, and have a draw for people in Rohan to propose and join games.

I hope this is all clear and sensible. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 12, 2003: Message edited by: The X Phial ]