View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 07:49 PM   #146
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

If hobbits can purr, this one is. Rae has been at it again, and I haven't been so spoiled in a LOOOOONG time. There is a pot of lucious stew bubbling on the stove, homemade bread (wheat and gluten-free) to go with it and plenty of fresh stuff.

How does Caradhras look without snow? I still have no idea. There was a good three-to-five feet of snow still on the upper slopes of the mountain. We explored the lower slopes, and found lots of beautiful spots and bubbling springs and streams. The upper slopes we left to wizards and rangers. We stopped by an Inn on the way home for a hot meal.

The day before that, Rae and I spent some happy hours wandering through The Old Forest (parts of it seemed like Fangorn to me.) There were towering old (OLD) trees, a few that seemed to have a diameter greater than my height... We pottered among the wildflowers and discussed the names and merits of each one, and sat by Sarn Gebir (how did it get here?) while we ate lunch.

Today we saw sea-otters and a baluga whale, and some wolves (not wargs) and an eagle and a raven, and some peacocks besides.

Time to start pulling some songs off of the BBC LOTR cds, I think. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]