View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 12:23 AM   #503
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Because I know you all missed these walls of text... ;)

This post includes any quotes of living players that talk about/interact with Legate (excluding Nilp whom I will presume is the BH as nothing has led me to think otherwise).

Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Under my radar so far - Legate, Mac, Pitch, Brinn
Quote:
Agreed with Nogrod re: Legate's point about wolf and cobbler quietness correlating not making any sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Actually, Legate's last post pinged my radar. Sounded very careful and practiced. Too late in the Day to vote him, probably, but I want to take a look at him for toMorrow.
Added this quote because I forgot about this post. Which reiterates my theory that the wolves didn't kill Lottie because she was a seer who already dreamed him, but because they thought she would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I don't get Legate about quiet wolves & cobbler either - at least for the latter, isn't being quiet kind of the contrary of their job description, i.e. drawing attention from the wolves?
So other than Lommy and Pitch agreeing that Legate's comment "But if we do have a quiet Cobbler, the WWs themselves may also be less bold." didn't make sense, there is no other mention of our known wolf. Inconclusive.

Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath on Lottie's death
Could be a ploy from a Form-Legate-Nog wolf-pack (but please, please, no to that). If she's the Seer and had dreamt one of them it's so early in the game it's worth the risk, and if she's not the Seer they could claim set-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Macalaure - he has posted very little, which actually surprises me, most of all because of the almost zero content in his one post. So much that it is actually eyebrow-raising. I definitely would like to see more from him.
I think Legate was the only one to mention me at all yesterDay, so he deserves a reply. I was kind of stressed out on Day1 and couldn't participate as much as I wanted to. I do have every intention to do better toDay. Still, "almost zero content" is harsh. Not entirely inaccurate at that point, but still harsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If the wolves thought she was the seer, it would obviously point to Legate, but I don't see it.
Quote:
Quote:
One observation: when rereading her posts, what stands out to me perhaps the most is her belief in the innocence of Hui, which... would not make any sense as any motive for anyone to kill her, rather the contrary (as in, if the Wolves thought she was the Seer, then big deal, she just dreamed of a lynched innocent, so?).
I don't follow this at all. When is it ever NOT a good idea for wolves to kill someone they think the Seer? ESPECIALLY when she has only dreamed an innocent so far? But I get why you would want to dissuade us from the idea that Lottie was killed as a possible Seer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Am I paranoid or does Legate's #228 read like a paraphrase of my #222 with a higher word count?
Quote:
For the record, those who DON'T sound particularly innocent to me are:

Brinniel
Formendacil
Legate of Amon Lanc
Nogrod
satansaloser2005

and I'm likely to vote one of them toDay. The one who stands out to me the most is probably Nogrod, who seems to be contrivedly making mountains out of molehills (yes, I know we don't have much to go on, but there's a fabricated undertone to his speculations) and a little tense too. I know he prefers to be innocent so being a wolf could totally make him act like this.

Legate, Sally, and Brinn I'd all like to hear more from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
If I were a wolf-Legate, her shift at last minute would certainly have been alarming, but my likely conclusion would be either she's a) a seer who hasn't dreamt me yet but is likely to, or b) a perceptive ordo. In the first case I'd be as good as dead, in the latter, my best chance of survival would be to not kill her immediately. I would see little harm in letting her live another day. for observation, on the off chance it was b) and I'd get out of it unscathed.

I'm really not buying (lots of that going on, is this a village meeting or a market?) Nog's theory that Lottie would have looked like a seer who dreamed Legate already. If she wanted to hint, she'd have been way more subtle, not ignored him all day and then painted a big target on herself at deadline.

Now, Nog is another matter. If I were a Nogwolf, there would be every reason to kill Lottie, both as a potential seer and as someone the village was likely to treat as a semi-known innocent toDay, and little reason not to, as it doesn't draw attention to him nearly as dramatically as to Legate.

Of course this mostly applies to any other wolf as well. I'm going to need to go back and look at what Lottie said about those she found innocentish, I think.

But for now, -1 wolf point to Legate, +1 wolf point to Nogrod.
For the record, I think they were spot on with scenario A in the first paragraph. Doesn't necessarily indicate their role either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Legate: Yellow light in that I have NO impression and that bothers me
This feels fishy to me.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Am I paranoid or does Legate's #228 read like a paraphrase of my #222 with a higher word count?
I hate to just repeat someone else, but I think this is one of the things about Legate that makes me uncomfortable this game. He made some good points, but someone else had made them first, so he's able to say the same thing while also being safer and less likely to be attacked for saying it.
This makes me think that its less likely Mac and Sally are in a pack together. Would two wolves openly agree on suspicion against a packmate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Legate - Something feels off about him.
Quote:
I wanted to make a list, but I could more or less just copypaste Legate's. I don't know what to make of that (in regards to how I feel about Legate's innocence). It's kinda creepy.
Quote:
Actually, trying to arrange my impressions into a scale, suspicion increasing top -> down:
Lommy/Greenie/Brinn
Rikae/Mac
Legate/Shasta/BG
Form/Nilp
Nog/Kath
Quote:
Legate - I find him making a lot of sense but also he seems more passive and less confrontational than last time when he was an ordo and I think he usually does flow more under the radar when a wolf
Quote:
PS. Legate's latest post is AGAIN creepily similar to my own thinking. Maybe it makes me feel a bit better about him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn in response to Lommy's analysis of Legate
I have noticed that he has been a bit quieter than what I've normally seen from him. I've been in agreement with him on a lot of things, but of course that doesn't mean he isn't evil. Legate is not someone I'd care to see lynched toDay, but I think he does gander a closer look toMorrow.
Yes, to be fair, I'm including myself in the quotes.

Conclusions: There were a bunch of psuedo-suspicions of Legate that may be wolf-on-wolf as no one follows through on them. Sally or Mac feel the most sinister, followed by Pitch.

Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Legate -> Nogrod - x'ed with Rikae. Nog had been over him all day, so this vote seems understandable, if a bit knee-jerk. I don't think either Rikae or Legate expected their vote to take off like it did.
Quote:
I'd also consider a lynch of Legate or Mac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
I took a look through Legate's posts since I said I would. His posting seems less frequent than last game, but I like the content of his posts, probably because I agree with a lot of it. I don't really buy into Nogrod's theory that Lottie died because the wolves thought she dreamed of an evil Legate. Sure it's possible, but I still find it more likely that they thought her a seer that dreamed of Hui. Her suspicion of Legate came late in the Day, and I think a Legatewolf would more likely risk another Day than immediately kill her as a possible seer.
Quote:
I am now going to sound reactionary because from what I've read toDay I am concerned about Greenie. As I'm her top suspect, that may well be because she's trying to get me lynched, but actually it was what she said to Legate that made me look again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
This looks a lot like hand-washing. I can’t believe I’m spelling this out, but if you don’t like all the action happening literally in the last 10 minutes, how about – vote sooner? It’s not like some force of nature we’re helpless against, and painting it as such is an easy way to take less responsibility for one’s vote.
This just seemed a little harsh! Last minute voting is often an issue and I just don't recall her being so up in arms over it.

How about a Greenie-Legate-Nilp + someone else wolf pack. I've nothing to back that up but I can imagine the logic vs kamikaze battles would be intense.
Interesting how she defends Legate's post, then proceeds to list him in a possible wolfpack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
if I go back to his reasoning before the actual vote, the original suspicion is rather random.
He latched on to the "if the wolves thought Lottie was the seer then why is Mac still alive" thing that Nog brought up (though Nilp says he thought of it on his own), and this was his reason for suspecting me (while Nog didn't take it that far). I thought the reason was bad and suspected him in turn.
Not the most solid of suspicions, and reflecting I might have gotten carried away by being annoyed by it, but it was not one bit random and I don't know how you got that impression.
Quote:
Pre-emptive, obviously. It basically seemed like Nog was causing a lot of controversy and suddenly, there came votes for unexpectedly (at least in my perspective back there) Kath and it looked like it was a stone starting to roll. That's it.
Pre-emptive, obviously. It basically seemed like Nog was causing a lot of controversy and suddenly, there came votes for unexpectedly (at least in my perspective back there) Kath and it looked like it was a stone starting to roll. That's it.
Hmm... this exchange makes me feel a little better about Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I feel like I'm confusing myself right now and don't have a clear picture. I'm seeing fangs all over Legate's last post and I can't even begin to wrap my mind around Nilp right now.
Again, feeling better about him here.

Quote:
I agree with whoever said Rikae and Legate probably didn't expect their votes to take off like that - unless Form and Kath are BOTH wolves, introducing a last minute wagon for an innocent who'd been widely suspected isn't the most likely wolf move.
Quote:
Greenie and Legate - I find myself agreeing with both of them a lot, which makes me inclined to trust them, even though I'm not sure that's smart. I don't know what to think of either of their relation to Kath - both Greenie's strong suspicion that I don't necessarily agree with and Legate's defensiveness of Kath stand out to me as midlly weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
No idea:
Legate - still meaning to get to him
After his previous opinion on Legate, he seems to slightly retreat here. If I were using a Rikae point system, this would be a -1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Greenie had points about Lommy and Legate that I liked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Legate - Kept Form in the running Day 1 with his 3rd vote. Reasoning and vote look innocentish.
I have doubts that an evil Rikae would call their packmate innocentish.

Quote:
As for Rikae-Legate-Form-Kath - that would be a pretty epic wolf pack hiding almost in plain sight. Not impossible, but I'm a bit hesitant to jump on a big conclusion like that. I haven't followed all their interactions well enough but it doesn't sound implausible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I can definitely live with a Form lynching, though I'd prefer Pitch. I'd rather have Legate stay alive for at least one more day.
Quote:
I would prefer to vote Form toDay. Not too covinced about Legate's guilt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
general feeling of Mr Agreeableness (sorry Pitch, I know it's a trigger word ) or something not quite right - I recall innocent Legate being bigger on grand theories and generally giving more of an active vibe rather than mournful witness of unfolding last-minute chaos.
I think this is a good point. I mentioned before that I like the content of Legate's posts (regarding suspicions and such), however he also seems quieter and more reserved than normal. I still don't think the wolves killed Lottie suspecting she was a seer who dreamed of Legate because Hui seems like the more likely dream were she the seer. However, a wolf pack that includes Legate could've killed her for the latter reason even knowing that it could implicate Legate.

That is not enough reason for me to want to vote Legate toDay, but maybe I need to look at him toMorrow (again).
Quote:
I keep wondering about the plausibility of a Rikae-Legate-Kath-Form pack. As for Rikae, I'm obviously biased right now, so I'd like to re-evaluate toMorrow. Kath has suddenly started to make possibly innocent sense toDay, I hope this continues. I'm really torn between Legate and Form, but my suspicion of Form is older and stronger.
Okay, Day 3 had even more pseudo-suspicion of Legate without it turning into anything. I think if he hadn't been trapped last Night, the suspicion would've legitimately turned into something (especially with the seer's death).

Based on this, I'm thinking maybe a Pitch/Sally/Kath pack or alternatively a Pitch/Mac/Kath pack. But I need to look at what these players have said about each other to get a bigger picture (if I have time tomorrow as it's late). For one, I'm not entirely positive how likely a Pitch/Kath combo actually is.

If there are NOT three wolves out of the four that I listed above, I would guess that the outlier is Lommy.

Anyway, Pitch and Sally are my biggest suspects right now.