View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #25
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Joining survivor for the first time...

As I see it there's more than one tactic here.

One way to do this is to look at the task ahead and vote in a way which simplifies the dealing with it.

An other path to choose is to look further in to the future and try to eliminate possible threats to the other survivors in the long run. Or vote off those least needed on the island.

I would like to go for a combination. If we vote Manwe off, I'm sure the Valar would be quite upset and the chaos following when there's no natural leader might lead to a fight for the power. I guess both Ulmo and Aule wouldn't mind the title of King, not to mention about Melkor. And Varda might claim the title too, being the foremost among Queens with a strong support from the elves (O Elbereth!).

Ungoliant seems like the easy option, but is it to easy? Can she (it) be of use later?

There's some good reasons to vote Ingwe out. What good did he ever do? Spoiled children, all of those Vanyar... But on the other hand they didn't do any harm either. Rather vote Amarië than Ingwe however. What kind of woman stays at home when her beloved migrates to an other continent? bah...

I could go for Ingwe, but i think I'll...yes it has to be one of the 3 evil C's: Celegorm, Caranthir or Curufin. I've never liked Caranthir. Just listen to the "surname" the Dark. But it was Celegorm and Curufin that first imprisoned Luthien and then attacked Beren and Luthien in the woods. And the most despicable act of all was Curufin, beaten in battle by Beren, behind Berens back aiming and shooting, not one but TWO arrows at Luthien.

Therefore: ++Curufin.

He of no help regarding the "tree-quest" and he did a lot of things nobody would be proud of. I think the brothers thirst for power and revenge is a critical threat to the good atmosphere on the island.

Plus they always eats more than their share of rice

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote