View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #740
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Despite her resolve, Mithalwen found it impossible not to return Amadi's smile. She had a high tolerance for the follies of the young and there was something about the boy that made it easier overlook his misdoing even though his placing the plates on the table revealed the evidence. Should she say something? If she did it would not be now in public. She doubted there was any malice in his scavenging though it seemed a strange thing to take - there was no real value in the arm guards, and there was things in her workshop of much greater value that he might have taken and did not. So there must be a reason but without knowing it she must be a little cautious, hoping above all that nothing would be "mislaid" at the inn or she would be hard pressed to explain why she had kept silent. . To know all is to forgive all she thought but for a moment she half thought she had spoken aloud and this roused her to answer, realising that her companions had started to stare.

"Mr Boffin has not be remiss in his hospitality but another welcome is still...welcome. I must thank you for bringing our meal - I understand they are a bit short staffed - which reminds me ... is there anymore news on the cook?"