View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #99
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
from Galin

Quote:
I think the thread as it stands shows that I meant I wanted to keep the topic in context (for my part anyway).
This thread was started to discuss the legal actions taken by the Tolkien Estate and how it may end up finishing off the idea of the 2 possible HOBBIT films.

Your posts have continually discussed the Elvish language in the Jackson films.

How in the world can you now say with a straight face that you meant to keep the topic in context? Elvish language and its use or misuse has nothing to do with the original topic of this thread.

And what is with this "for my part anyway"? It was your part that played a significant role in getting this off the topic that the thread started with. Is that qualfier some sort of public show of washing your hands to show that you are without any responsibility? The first 61 posts in this thread dealt with the topic. Then one person mentioned languages in passing as a tiny part of thread 62.... then you turned it into some major platform and have run with it ever since.

As I have said, the threads flow and evolve the way they do and the mods have said that as long as we discuss Tolkien or the films it is okay. But to first change the topic of the thread and then lecture me that I am not discussing it in the context you want to is completely bizarre.

Last edited by Sauron the White; 02-24-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote