View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 07:26 AM   #5185
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
My question regarding the Ghost of Rikae's set up is that she also had a special role that was active in Death; her Ghost has information to convey. In this smaller and simpler game, what information can the Ghost offer that the living would want? Is he just conveying the general opinion of the Dead, which might be helpful insight but ultimately is still opinion and not fact?
I seem to recall that one of the last two games, the living basically ignored the Dead entirely. You'd have to weight things relatively heavily to counter that tendency, which... I mean, you're not supposed to want to be killed, so making it so the Dead have loads more information kind of works against that.

But... what if you reveal something about the previous Day's voting each night? One night it could be 'no wolves received votes', the next 'both wolves voted together', the third 'at least one wolf voted early', the fourth 'the Gifted has voted for
a wolf twice so far'. Something like that - the sort of thing people speculate about all through the Day. The Dead would have to decide overNight whether it's a big enough clue to send in the Ghost, and how to convey what random piece of information had been revealed through their communication limits (Tolkien block-quotes with no-one trying to instruct the Ghost, I think Rikae's version was).

Quote:
What if the Dead during the Day can vote to find out the identity of one living player? That way, they function as a collective Seer, and the Ghost would travel back to convey that info? There may also be limitations on how many times they are allowed to hunt (eg only 2, or only 3, or not in two consecutive Days), to make people budget that power?
It's an interesting idea... it might be fun to combine the budgets, actually: you have three ghosts, but can choose whether each one is a Night Ghost (acts as Seer for the dead) or Day Ghost (visits the Living). With the possibilities of information from dead Gifted and Wolves, it's not quite as obvious as going 'night-night-day' right at the start.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote