View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #17
Iris Alantiel
Haunting Spirit

Iris Alantiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I always thought they had Gimli hand Aragorn the crown so that all of the Fellowship could have a role in the coronation. You can work Legolas and the hobbits' little moments into the scene very easily, but what's poor Gimli to do? Well, he can hand Aragorn the crown. I thought it was kind of a nice gesture to make up for the terrible ways they maligned poor Gimli's character in TTT.

Of course, I still liked the book better. I love how Sam gets to hear the minstrel sing about Frodo, because it's just exactly what he was talking about earlier, when he wondered if anyone would ever write songs or tales about their adventure. Also, I just really love Sam . . .

One thing I thought was really terrific about the movie version was the way the hobbits reacted to having everybody bow down before them and honour them. They looked very uneasy (except for Pippin, who looked rather excited). I thought that was a nice little touch to show that, though they had done great deeds, they were still hobbit-like in nature, and far more comfortable in their own quiet home than in the midst of great glory in the court of the King.
Iris Alantiel is offline   Reply With Quote