View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 02:47 PM   #14
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But then again, why should Frodo be honored after all? He decided at the last moment to take the ring for himself and not do the deed. *sigh* I love when I contradict myself...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> A dangerous question to ask, <B>Sleeping Beauty</B>! And if you truly <I>are</I> the "Frodo" of your group, you need to read this thread to fully appreciate the complexities of what you've just said (or just to make your head hurt a little--I couldn't resist it myself and now I'm addicted to headache powders! ) Anyway, the link: <BR><A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002740" TARGET=_blank>Frodo at Sammath Naur</A> . <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I also like how in the book, Frodo hands Gandalf the crown for Aragorn (not Gimli, which I still don't understand!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I do wish they had kept the structure of Aragorn's crowning, with the Ringbearer handing the crown to Mithrandir, who sets it upon Aragorn's head. Thus played, the idea of his ascension to the Kingship being facilitated by many (and the implied nature of their labors as well) would be quite well illustrated, but I suppose Gimli deserves a little time in the spotlight as well! <P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta<p>[ 3:48 PM January 26, 2004: Message edited by: Lyta_Underhill ]
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote