View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 05:59 AM   #9
PoisonIvy
Pile O'Bones

PoisonIvy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

PJ's way of honoring the hobbits in the movie is really moving and tearjerking. no words could really describe the look on the hobbit's faces (or on my face) when everybody bowed before them. it was a mixture of all feelings of some sorts (i was just overwhelmed). i have to agree that while merry and pippin also deserve praise for their bravery, it could have been made a little less prominent than that for sam and frodo. (i guess PJ just made it an all-in-one bowing to address the time limitations, maybe, and to avoid any more bowing fuss.) <P>as for gimli, the crownbearer, still puzzles me no end. glad to know I am not alone. i couldn't help but agree again with essex that it would have been funny seeing frodo there holding the crown cushion then later seeing him with the hobbits, unless PJ makes extra effort to show that frodo walked all his way from the front to where the rest of the hobbits are. and i'm veering away from the topic already...