View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #159
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
It was said in a joking tone, but I was dead serious about you being inaccurate and exaggerating. The most inaccurate thing about Mac you've addressed as an "oops, don't know how that got there" which sounds innocent but is still EXTREMELY unhelpful, since it sticks incorrectly in people's memories. When did Zil cast accusation on Legate as being a wolf? Find me that post, please, because I don't see one. What you said about Lommy - seriously?

I get that it's been part joke, but it's also so dangerous to half-seriously summarize things with such blatant exaggeration and inaccuracy, because again this is how it sticks in people's minds. Moreover, it's how people (especially yourself) can easily justify votes and suspicion later on - based on incorrect summaries. I can argue about the statements involving me as well, except that would be biased and there is sufficient to be said without it; the exception is the first statement, cause I can't recall where I "concluded" we need to lynch a wolf (I recall Lommy's post that you refer to but not mine).

So yes. A subtle diversion / tweaking of how people remember the events is not at all beyond your posts' potential achievements. Throw some unsupported shade on people, then dismiss half of it as a joke and half of it as an oopsy daisy, and the post gets forgiven but the shade remains. Actually, it was so bombastically inaccurate I am surprised only Mac called you out on it except for me.
It was indeed an exaggeration and over-generalization to see how people reacted, and you are certainly reacting.

Inzil agreed with Mac. At least that's how I read "Hmm. Perhaps."

If people are basing their votes on my comments a couple hours into day one, none of which I'm even using to support any suspicions, I don't know what they're doing. The only suspicion I even hinted at with any of that was of you, for subtly encouraging a plan/topic of conversation and then suspecting the person who pushed it forward.

That, in itself, isn't necessarily suspicious, but was enough to make me want to take a closer look. Which I did, and continue to do.

And now I'm really done with this topic.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote