View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #126
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Had to sleep and drive some family into work, but I'm back and wow there's a lot to read backwards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
If he's evil, he's being rather bold, and if he's innocent, a wolf could use his posts to build a case against him. Then again, there could be no wolves involved and they are just quietly letting this play out.
I’m not getting the inclination of much wolfish behavior, even a bold one. You could argue it’s an attempt to just distract villagers from having the time to deduct their own theories by forcing them to both come up with something on the spot and defend themselves with the equivalent of sticks and stones. Then again, the last few hours around DL are typically the same and a veritable gold mine of information the next day.

Only thing is, as much as it disagrees with some of our play styles, it sounds more an attempt to just generate enough evidence in a large group to later sift through. Considering the group in whole is looking like it’s somewhat evenly divided along two main time zone groups, it obviously isn’t going to work for some of us on the outlier which makes it mechanically unappealing. Killing off someone just because they don’t reside in a convenient time zone to you is some bad taste, so it would be difficult to force the entire group into it.

It is a bold suggestion though, but I don’t think ultimately beneficial to a wolf unless they’re exclusively going to play big and bold the entire time (which doesn’t help their fellows from scrutiny unless their whole plan is for one to carry the team, which is rather silly).

It’s the inversion of the typical ‘shake the tree and see what falls out’ approach most of us take and more of a ‘chop the whole thing down and see what it pins beneath and what flies away’. Looking back, it is a newer attempt than what some of us are used to, but I think it was a more genuine attempt to force people to generate opinions. Even disagreeing with its method, I can’t outright find a good reason to fault it as ‘wolf behaviour’. We’re associating the idea with Legate though because they were the first to analyze it at length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
D1 + N2 = 2 players to vote on D2. I believe the thread is inactive at Night, and in any case voting only happens during the Day.
Laying in bed last night when I should’ve been sleeping, I realized this at 3AM… You’re right there would still be the one chosen by vote and the one off’ed in the Night phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
it’s easy to stick to talking about the loudest, most controversial villagers and topics and let others fly under the radar completely. This tends to serve wolves better than innocents since odds are at least some of them are among the quiet, less attention-seeking crowd.
Similar reason why I am doubting a wolf group would have a plan to just make one of their number as brash and vocal as possible. It might work if we’ve never played before, but for some of us, we know better than to think there wouldn’t be some wolves assuring themselves safety behind any number of theories. I’m not immediately suspicious of the first person to jump behind whoever has the biggest argument. It’s the third or fourth person after it looks like the previous two haven’t been attacked for doing so I’m observing.
I’d be afraid of our wolves flipping the script and doing what we’d least expect, but then I have to remind myself that there is a good possibility some of them are as out of it as we are and don’t really have the security of ‘new tricks’ to try out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I think overly analyzing the QT vote is ill-advised. As noted, the predominant alignment of those there will be known, and we just keep that in mind when we see their vote. Even if they're mostly Innocent, they could be wrong.
To a point, yes. I guess since we are it’s beta testers we won’t know how it performs until at least after the first few Days. Considering that we’ve confirmed all roles in QT can PM one another (and wolves to fellow wolves) during their night phase, the QT could be used as a ‘second chance’ to try other methods out for both villagers and wolves. They might not vote how we’d prefer of them, whether wrong or no to what we’re championing in the GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Of course! Then there's more reason to bandwaggon the accuser!
Alright, I legitimately laughed out loud at this.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote