View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 06:56 PM   #36
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Léspheria

All was dark, but shadows of evil things passed just beyond reach. On the cold damp floor was an elven female, her hair colour unrecognisable through the blood and muck that clung to it, her fair features streaked with blood. "Where does fear spawn?" a cold but beautiful voice whispered. Damaged elven grey eyes darted around the black cylindrical cell searching for its source but the voice seemed to move as though circling the room.

"This is not you!" the prisoner cried hoarsely into the darkness.

"Hahahaha!" the cold laughter echoed around the room,

"Still you deny what is before you!" the cold voice mocked.

"It is not you it is HIM ! the elven prisoner roared drawing her sword and facing her tormentor,

"And I shall release you from his deceitful spell" her sword swung but cut only through the air.

"Fool he holds no sway over me, my choices are my own" the velvety voice boasted behind her.

"No! " the prisoner screamed wheeling around, again her sword slicing through only the dark air, the weight causing her to stumble.

A burning bored through her side and she again fell deeper into darkness only to be pulled back to life, shrouded in her dark prison faced with that which she denied.

"Where does fear spawn?" the voice whispered again,

"Oh dear Eru please let this end, if not for me for my daughter." the prisoner silently prayed.

"Where does fear spawn?" the voice yelled again, delivering a sharp blow to the prisoners abdomen.

"You shall never know the answer too that which you seek!" the prisoner replied spitting fresh blood from her mouth onto the face of her tormentor, then again sharp pain arched her back.

Léspheria's eyes snapped open, the early morning mist surrounded her shaking and sweat drenched body and Losseserme stood over her nickering lightly with concern, "It' s ok.. I'll be alright in a minute" she whispered to the mare absently, her thoughts still very much on the dream, never before had she dreamt of her mothers torment, yes the prisoner must have been her mother, she thought. The emotions from her mothers year of torment had almost killed her and if it hadn't been for the love and care of her brother, her father and her kin it may have broken her completely. The emotions still plagued her dreams, but she had learnt that while she held to love hope courage all the good and true emotions she could control the painful ones. But never before had they administered themselves as a dream, what did this mean? she thought silently.

Slowly she rose, rolling up her bedroll and attaching it securely to the back of her saddle, the small fire she had made had long died but still, almost instinctively she kicked it out. She was still a little shaken when she mounted the mare, so Losseserme went at a slow trot, continuing south-west skirting the boarders of the Shire until Léspheria urged her on to a faster pace.

The midmorning sun was drying the dew when she heard hooves in the distance, she dismounted and pressed her ear to the ground, just one she whispered mounting again. "There that hillock she said directing Losseserme to the hill. Raising her hands to shield her eyes she looked out from the hillock. yes! just one, ridding at great speed. she whispered to the mare. As the rider drew nearer she use her gift to sense his intent.

"Ed' i'ear ar'elenea! Ta Sorlas Dînmahtar!" she exclaimed guiding Losseserme towards the fast approaching rider.

"Aaye, mellonamin!" she greeted him as he pulled his dark charger to a stop before her.

"Hail, Lady Léspheria" He panted "I have been riding Three days to deliver this message to you " He continued pulling a vellum scroll from his saddlebag and handing it to her.

"Then you know not that my brother was wounded yester morn!" she informed him as she took the scroll from his hands.

"If what you say is true my lady, then I must make haste. For delivering this message is not my only task this day. I am to bring reinforcements, It seems that Skaikrish has been busy since his arrival at the mountains, the foul orc has some how managed to gather a small army." Léspheria did not miss the disdain in his voice as he spat the last line.

"Léspheria, do not worry for your brother, I am sure he will be fine, after all Halwain and his daughter Fawain are with him," Sorlas smiled laying a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"So Halwain is free!" she asked slightly surprised by this revelation.

"Yes! you did not believe that Skaikrish could hold our Captain for long" he laughed.

"No, but nor would I believe that one as stupid a Skaikrish could gather himself an army!" she sighed.

"You think much like your brother my lady, he too believes that someone else is using Skaikrish to keep us from our watch of the Shire and the newly established north kingdom. But Skaikrish and his army is to much of a threat to be ignored, so I will be meeting reinforcements outside Bree and bringing them with me to quash the delusioned orcs plans." Sorlas informed her grimly.

"Then I shall keep you no longer my friend." she replied sensing his worry for his friends. He nodded his thanks and spurred his charger, "Namarie Arwenamin" he cried as he charged off towards the greenway.

Léspheria looked down to the vellum scroll in her hands, sighing she slowly broke the wax seal, opening it out and read the hastily scrawled elven words;

Léspheria,

I hope this finds you well, I have much to ask of you, but first I must plead with you not to come if anything happens to me, I assure you sister that the rangers and Fawain are quite capable of tending any wounds I may sustain.

As you are aware, I hoped to be returning to the inn by now, But Skaikrish has gathered himself an army. Our simple rescue has now escalated into a threat far greater than simple revenge. I am now of the belief that the traitor Niaore is behind Skaikrish's sudden boldness, but I do not believe she is here, I think she used the fool to draw the rangers away from their relentless pursuit or maybe even to expose the Shire and the northern kingdom!

As I am sure Sorlas has told you he is meeting reinforcements from Annúminas, Skaikrish is a threat that we just can't ignore, but the pursuit of Naiore will not be abandoned. Even as you read this Amandur keeps watch for the traitor! I am sure you have meet the young elven female who our kin hopes will be Naiore's downfall.

Léspheria sighed heavily as she read, after meeting Vanwe she had hoped she could prevent any more pain from befalling the elf maiden, but she had to admit that they could be right, Vanwe could be the key to finding Naiore. She did not like the thought of using the young woman as bait and if she didn't have to, she wouldn't, she thought as she read on.

Sister for long myself and the elves of Rivendell have tried to keep you and this Traitor from meeting, our reasons I cannot explain here, but the more we try to keep the truth from you the more they seem to be placed at your feet, so that now I believe that this task was meant for you. I am truly sorry that this burden should be placed upon you, but you are not alone.

Amandur and a few other rangers continue the pursuit, you should join with them. This counsel only I give you my beloved sister; Naiore has learned from the deceiver of our fathers kin, be mindful of her false words and her manipulations of the truth!

Love

Lóthaniel

Léspheria read the message several times before rolling it up and slipping it into her saddlebag. "Well my friend, it seems we will be returning to the inn sooner than expected," she sighed patting the mare's neck. "Sorlas is right, Lóthaniel has Halwain, Fawain and soon the soldiers of Annúminas" she said trying to reassure herself . She took one last look southwest towards the mountains, then spurred Losseserme back towards the inn.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-11-2006 at 10:41 AM.