View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Intriguing question, assuming that Vingilot carried neither phasers nor photon torpedoes... Catapults, maybe?

But seriously, if I had to kill a flying dragon in mid-air, I'd go for the wings. A couple of burning arrows should do the trick.
On the other hand, the more heroic thing would probably be for Earendil to stand on the prow with a spear in hand and wait for Ancalagon to present the soft spot on his belly that every decent dragon's supposed to have.

Great picture, by the way, but incorrect in the way the ship is represented, as we are told by Bilbo in Rivendell that
Quote:
...no shaven oar
nor sail she bore on silver mast
but was propelled by 'wings immortal' made by Elbereth herself.

PS. Formendacil, you posted while I was still writing. Actually, I like your idea better than mine!

Last edited by Pitchwife; 01-05-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote