View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 09:13 PM   #83
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Loni

After a while of walking, Loni noticed that Balin, and many of the other Dwarfs up ahead, were arguing about something..

"Go through Mirkwood? I was under the impression that we would be going around. But if we can cut our little expidition nearly in half by taking the shortest road, why not? I'm aware of the elves and how much they hate anyone to walk on thier precious road, but we aren't marching into battle against them, we are merely passing through. I fail to understand why we would upset them."

This was spoken by Narin, and so Loni joined in; feeling he had a bit of an idea what they were arguing about.

"Well my thought is this: we must go through Mirkwood, whether we like to agree or otherwise. From what I can tell, Balin is quite stuck with the idea of going through. It's quicker. We'll use less of our delicious food. And, well, what argument is there!?" said Loni, voicing his opinion as is so very common among Dwarfs.

"There are both Elfs and spiders in Mirkwood Loni." replied a dwarf sceptically, "I'd think you would know! I mean really, with age comes wisdom is what I've heard."

Loni glared at him for a moment. The name of the Dwarf for now had escaped him, but he felt sure they must of met once or twice beforehand.

"Rubbish!" Loni huffed, before turning to Balin. "You agree with me?" he asked somewhat assuredly.