View Single Post
Old 11-29-2003, 09:36 PM   #336
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Samwise, I'm almost tempted to check that out... he's not usually nervous about much of anything. Pretty cool & collected kid.

Alatariel-- Shucks! (blushes) Thanks. I just had this mental image of the fellowship cresting that mountain, one at a time... and some of those flybys... great scenery. Now where will I get the poster...? Oh, "Journeys of Frodo" is by Barbara Strachey. It's somewhat similar to Fonstadt's atlas, but more detailed, and obviously very Frodo-centric (see title...) So therefore, if you are indeed a Frodo addict, you "must-have-it-precious". Getting one is hard; I think they are out of print? (Hence my recklessness the other evening on ebay, and my delight in "winning".)

Now, as a Frodo addict myself, I consider my lack of a full-sized, glistening, leather-scabbarded Sting to be a grave problem. The next time I can't imagine what else to do with several hundred dollars... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

On another thread, I mentioned the CD I just got... LOVE IT. The TOlkien Song Cycle by Andi Grimsditch, or some such name? Also on ebay. Snatch it up. Dirt cheap, pretty good music-- some of the tunes are even singable. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]