View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 07:35 PM   #92
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

maikafanawen I'm blushing.... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] such praise hardly befits me! Yet, I too am looking forward to this. The depth of character articulation and definition looks to be fantastic.

I envisage a need to coordinate individual character plots with those of our contingents (the good, the bad and the ugly so to speak) to ensure the overally story flows coherently with with lucidity.

On a personal note, from time to time, I pre-prepare posts for critical junctures over time as this allows me to incorporate relevant contextual detail from the preceeding posts of others. Layer by layer, I build it up. It's the only way I can manage it, particularly when a plot is underway with a wide range of individual characters. My poor memory cannot handle holding all the relevant details in place, so I need to write them down one at a time and do some homework posts.

I find this technique can work well to ensure that on the whole, readers get an integrated story, that flows smoothly from one character to another.

I'm not suggesting that we all do this, but it's a tip that works for me.

However, my suggestion is that we start forward planning the overall story, and perhaps communicate within our contingents specific character plots to coordinate. That way, we can all be surprised by what the "other side" gets up to and still remain on the overall rp track.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight