View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #36
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I like that much better than my first association...
Argh, you beat me to this. Also made me wonder if the Evil Breath causes death by cardiac dysrhythmia. (Hush, no bad words on the Downs!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
One more question about that QT-vote came to mind from your comments. Should it actually be just one hour before the DL they have to vote? In a normal game the action tends to pack into the last hour of the Day - or the last 1˝ hours - if the Deadline is good for most people. I wouldn't want to leave it to the very end but would like to leave the Villagers some time to mull the QT vote over before the DL. On the other hand, the later the QT can follow the things folding out the more reasoned choices they can made - and the more fulfilling the game is for them.
Personally won't matter to me; I'll still be voting way before any of the quarantined or uninfected/suspected/probable cases. But if the Living are going to wait for the QT vote I suppose two hours would be better to leave them more than enough time to factor it in? It's bad enough that some people leave out their votes until right before the Day ends without the QT vote adding to the last-minute frenzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
The only thing I'm thinking about are the Wolves. Especially given that they are going to be vastly outnumbered by (this time known!) innocents, allowing them to PM (with only other quarantined Wolves, of course) might alleviate the ostracisation-feeling. Then again, it isn't such a big difference, plus if the first Wolf is quarantined alone for a long time, it won't change a thing. Most of all, it would be a narrative problem, how to explain that quarantined people still communicate. Unless you made it so that those awful people are breaking quarantine even inside the quarantine house and meeting with each other when other quarantined ones are sleeping. (Actually, that would be a reasonable narrative explanation... But whichever. Not being able to talk otherwise could give the Wolves an incentive to participate on the QT more actively.)
I like the idea of quarantined wolves being able to PM each other. I don't think it tips the balance too much over to the dark side since their ability to converse doesn't necessarily translate to being able to manipulate the rest of the quarantined, but it would be interesting to see what havoc they can wreak together nonetheless.

I'M STILL A RELUCTANT BADDIE, just so we're clear. But this makes for an interesting story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
But what about the most junior "dead" being the tie-breaker? This way it would change every Day, and possibly cause more chaos because the tie-breakers would have fresh grudges from the living thread in their minds. Of course, here the problem is that two people die for every lynch (the lynch and the night kill), so not everyone would get a go as the tie-breaker anyway. But I would give the tie-breaker role always to the previous lynchee - if it's the night kill, it cannot be a wolf (which is a little boring), and furthermore it might make sense storywise (the strongest in the qurantine is the one who was quarantined the last without showing any symptoms).
I agree with this (especially the last point haha). It might get boring if it's always the same person who gets to break a tie, not to mention maybe a bit lopsided if the senior quarantined is a wolf. How often do ties occur in the dead thread in the past, anyhow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
What do you think of tiebreaking among the living / healthy? It has traditionally been either the first to get the votes (basically the "original suspect") or the last one (basically the one who's "under heat" just before the decision"). They have a bit different effect on the game mechanics depending on the situation and I'm quite open to either one. I'd rather not randomize it (will do it, if you insist it being the best way to do it).
I vote for the last one to get to the tie. Agreed, the last-minute frenzy can indeed be telling. I guess this might also better allow the QT vote to be factored into the final count, like for example if it happens that a lot of votes come in before the QT vote is revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But yes, I'm quite okay with a larger game as well - and am not exactly pushing for added roles (just add more "wolves" if there are more Villagers), but probably the Cobbler.
Possibly unpopular opinion: Could we not have a Cobbler? Not just because I still have a grudge against the role (grumble grumble Estel in Werewolf VII grumble grumble), but also there might be so much to consider already for a supposedly simple comeback game. Or maybe it's just me and my nearly decade-long Werewolf-deprived brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
-I'd prefer it if the quarantine vote is only revealed during the death narration. It wouldn't be much fun if a day's play just comes down to waiting to learn who the dead chose and then bandwaggon on that. And you know that's what's going to happen once a gifted is dead.
Hm. Excellent point. I vote for this.

++LHUNARDAWEN for flip-flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
-And if the QT lot essentially counts as one villager, can the living lynch the dead thread as a whole, too?
Can we do this? Please? Please?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote