View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 05:51 AM   #27
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Welcome Brinniel and Eönwë, long time no see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen
When will the game begin?
It seems we could start whenever we want to, as we seem to have more or less a full village already. I would suggest starting on Sunday or Monday. That would mean we'd have about three days to let Sally and Macalaure try and make it into the 'Downs and make posts, and for us to finish the last issues about the rules.

Quote:
I have one suggestion for improvement. Nogrod said that the most veteran "dead" would get the role of the tie-breaker if the quarantined disagree. Okay, that's one option, and that would make being lynched on Day1 kind of a consolation prize because you sort of become the leader of the quarantine for the rest of the game
That was what I was thinking about: die first and have something nice as a reward for your tough luck. But your suggestion of picking the latest arrival to be the tiebreaker makes sense game-mechancs-wise too. So let's still think about that.

(Btw. let's also remember, that the tiebreaker naturally is one who has voted for either/any top-vote candidate, so it isn't necessarily the same person every Day.)

What do you think of tiebreaking among the living / healthy? It has traditionally been either the first to get the votes (basically the "original suspect") or the last one (basically the one who's "under heat" just before the decision"). They have a bit different effect on the game mechanics depending on the situation and I'm quite open to either one. I'd rather not randomize it (will do it, if you insist it being the best way to do it).

Quote:
Also, if we count the two last signups *waves* and the two wights in purgatory (errr) with their locked accounts, that makes 18 players. So, 4 wolves, seer, ranger and hunter?
Yay!

With 18 players surely four wolv... erm... Infestors.

Seer, ranger and hunter naturally.

I know Lommy would love to have a Cobbler as well, and with a bigger village it would make sense to add a little bit to the variety.

If we go to 20 or over, when do you think it would be reasonable to add a fifth baddie or start thinking about some other special roles?

Do you have any reservations or ideas about the size of the Village in the first place? Should we define a roof for the number of players we'd take in?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote