View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 03:59 AM   #25
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
That part in bold is just what I wanted to avoid. Back in those games those discussions took most of the air from the thread and people talked less about who to vote than how to best use the game mechanics and why the other thread should comply...

So yes, I was willing to make it more straightforward.
In that case, fair enough! If you took these into consideration, I'm up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I think it has been the general rule that all the special abilities and advances the different gifts bring to people are negated in death aka. in quarantine. So no more dreams to the Seer, no more PM'ing with the other "Infectors" (wolves) by Night, no more hunting or rangering...
I think the Gifteds' abilities go without saying, they should not exist, especially since the quarantined still have the power to vote - otherwise a quarantined Seer could just spam everyone with names and that would be no fun.

The only thing I'm thinking about are the Wolves. Especially given that they are going to be vastly outnumbered by (this time known!) innocents, allowing them to PM (with only other quarantined Wolves, of course) might alleviate the ostracisation-feeling. Then again, it isn't such a big difference, plus if the first Wolf is quarantined alone for a long time, it won't change a thing. Most of all, it would be a narrative problem, how to explain that quarantined people still communicate. Unless you made it so that those awful people are breaking quarantine even inside the quarantine house and meeting with each other when other quarantined ones are sleeping. (Actually, that would be a reasonable narrative explanation... But whichever. Not being able to talk otherwise could give the Wolves an incentive to participate on the QT more actively.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
What if there's an extra win condition for the Dead Thread: "Your death was 'worth it' if The True Daughter of Hurin survives". Only the Dead know who that is, and they're voting to try to keep her alive. Could be a fun sub plot, and one that both villagers and wolves can work together on.
I like this idea. Something like that could be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
In terms of timings, I think a deadline of an hour before on the QT would give the LT enough time to dissect the vote to death before end of Day.
The only thing I am dreading about it is that usually in a normal game, the Day goes like this: people post one page throughout the Day, then one hour before DL, they post two pages or more if something like a Seer-reveal happens. I am a little bit afraid that this could further tip the balance and make the last hour suddenly spammed with analyses and shouts of frustration about what in the name of the sons of Fëanor are the Dead thinking, voting this person. It may be fun, but it may be terrifying.

But I am up for that, just one more thing to consider.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote