View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #5
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
That would seem to have a large effect on the Quarantined votes. How likely are the Innocents there to listen to a known baddie?
Well, most probably very little.

But like Legate said, we've seen some hilarious trolling going on in a dead thread were a wolf starts to run amok... And I think that's the way of least problems and most people gaining a longer and more satisfying game.

Without a "dead-thread" aka. Quarantine-Thread this time, the innocent "lynched" on D1 or killed on N2 gets to play just one Day and that's it: after all these years of not playing a game that's quite an anticlimax, to put it mildly...

One could say, that even if this is kind of a bad thing for a early-lynched wolf, it is not any worse than just being lynched in a game without a dead-thread (actually I'd say it's better) and that the wolf has anyway gotten the thrills of playing a wolf - which is more exciting than playing a normal villager on early Days.

So I wouldn't think of that as a problem.

Also I think those games where we've had the dead-thread trying to signal something to the living / sending their thoughts with delay (like the village gets to know what they did the next Day, or if someone visits there or whatever versions we've had) have mostly just not worked that well. Them being able instead to follow the village discussion almost all Day everyDay, and then giving an actual vote before the deadline (yet early enough the villagers have some time to pay heed to it), feels to me much more interesting to both the villagers and the dead (quarantined, that is).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote