View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 08:51 PM   #34
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Of course I don't mind if you leave off my "The", Lily. I'm not one to stand on ceremony.<P>On the "fathers and sons" theme, perhaps Frodo will turn out to be Sauron's long lost son! <P>I actually didn't mind Faramir too much in TTT. Granted, he wasn't quite as ready to let Frodo and Sam carry on their Quest as he was in the book, but he did let them go all the same in the end, despite the fact that his life would be forfeit (this sets it up nicely for the interaction with Denethor in RotK). And I hold with those who make the point that the tension had to be kept going to the same point as the other two threads of the tale. With Shelob bumped to the next film, the scenes in Osgiliath and Frodo being confronted by the Nazgul achieved that. But I did miss the great dialogue between Faramir, Frodo and Sam at Henneth Annun, which I found a bit dull when I first read the book (age 10), but have grown to love since.<P>I am surprised (but pleased) that Ghan-buri-ghan will be in. I like this chapter in the book very much, but would have thought that it was one of the parts that could quite easily be left out without affecting the basic story too much.