View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #608
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tonight I had the strangest dream I'd ever dreamed before...

...because it was a dream of the Downs. I don't remember much from it, but the main point was that I somehow discovered that The Phantom (I mean the Downer, not the comic figure) is actually Hookbill's alter ego. Yes, Hookbill was registered twice at the Downs: once as Hookbill, once as The Phantom. When I realized that, I said to myself: "Yes, this makes sense, this is why he is not afraid of using the Phantom as a character in that comic strip." I also came to the conclusion that this is why The Phantom almost never made any commentary to the comics. But then, the other day (in the dream), TP actually wrote some commentary to the last part of the comics (and really negative one, he complained against associating himself with the comic figure, and appealed on Hookbill to try to portrait him correctly in the comics, or he will do something about it - not sure what it should be, possibly arguing at the administrators to ban the comics, or even Hookbill), but this was clear to me: "Nah," I said to myself, "so transparent, Hookbill. You did this because you know I learned the truth and you are now trying to convince us that TP is not your alter ego. But we are not gonna believe you."
So that's about it. We know the truth now, and we are not gonna believe you, Hookbill!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote