View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #604
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a pretty sweet dream last night -

I dreamed that Formendacil rewrote the Hobbit and put 'Downers in it, but it ended up not being very Tolkien-like. It was more an Alice in Wonderland/George MacDonald faery story, there was lots of moss, and woods, and toadstools, and floating eyeballs.

The main character was a princess, and he put me in that role (like I say, pretty sweet huh?) and he had me go on a journey to the end of the world, where my prince was waiting and also a giant waterfall, where I would know what to do next.

The only other Downers I remember being in it was Thinlo as the young girl (goddess?) next to the world waterfall, and a newbie named MoAimee as a rather young and flighty Bilbo, and Eomer of the Rohirrim as a prancing Phantom-of-the-Opera type dashing-swordsman Death, who was after the princess.

So I journey there, and I get there, and there are two people at the end, a man and Thinlo by the edges of the waterfall, pouring things in it to give life to the world at the bottom. A shocker at this point was the man was Chris Cornell, frontman for Audioslave and Soundgarden. I know, I did a double-take even in my dream.

I end up going down to this new world, marrying a prince (The Only Real Estel, I think), and discovering that "even ordinary-looking people can have extraordinary lives!", which is nuts, since I'm gorgeous. And TorE isn't ordinary either.

It was a much better story than I can set down here. I remember one philosophical question being "If three small colored candles can tell if one white candle is lit, and one white candle can tell if a hobbit is behind a rock, shouldn't three small colored candles be able to tell if a hobbit is behind a rock? They can! The Hobbit race is saved!"

Also, Death wore seatless pants. Valar save me I don't know why.

And then, at the theatric premier, of which Hookbill wrote the screenplay, I met the guy who be short, who looked pale, fat, and dumpy (nothing at all like his picture), and we talked about how shweet the story was, how Form was a genius, and how the sequel was going to be even greater.

Then I talked a bit to Mithalwen, who in reality was a very paranoid woman called Fernando Finesta, but we had to meet in a closed-off room, and when I sat down she said "Ohhh, don't you check the seat before you sit down, dear? I do, what if I were to accidentally sit in someone's lap, that would be dreadful!"

The play was put on by all children, except Eomer still played Death, who did a pretty good job of it, the boy who played Bilbo just choked up once when at the scene where he's behind the rock while the princess talks to Death, but that was probably just because of Death's lack of proper pants.

All-in-all, I wouldn't mind having that dream again, if that were possible.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote