View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #128
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
By the time Master Puddifoot arrived the innkeeper had helped Will into the kitchen and to a chair. Will’s head had cleared just a little, save for the pounding headache. He sat forward on the seat, his left arm resting gingerly on the table top. The ice that Cela had placed on each side of his wrist had blocked the pain for the most part; that is, unless he tried to move his hand at all, even as little as wiggling his fingers.

‘My wrist will hold for now,’ Will said as the healer entered the kitchen. He waved Master Puddifoot and the others toward Primrose. ‘She needs to be seen to first.’ He shook his head bringing on a small shower of stars and pain within. ‘It’s my fault she even tried to climb up the blasted ladder. I wasn’t thinking; didn’t stop to think it was her who was calling up to me. You get her fixed up and comfortable…then come see to me…’

Will twisted in his chair and reached across the table with his right arm. He patted Prim softly on the back of her hand and gave her a chagrined smile. 'I'm so sorry this happened to you, Prim. You be a brave lass, now. You'll get all fixed up and be better soon, won't she Master Puddifoot?'

Please! he said to himself. Please, let it be so.