View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 09:11 AM   #70
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

Well Ealasaid caught pretty much what I was going to write in the form. I would add a little here and there is all.

Title: The Lingering Shadows

Historical Background:
With the destruction of the One Ring and the downfall of Sauron, the evil of the lands fled disorganized and broken before the might of the West. Men and lands that were long under the grasp of the Shadow were now freed by the grace of King Elessar, and peace was known to all. But there were still some who, having been corrupted and having grown used to positions of power, still lingered, either unable or unwilling to admit defeat and accept the rule of the King. They were few, and they had scattered about the lands to hide and cause such troubles as they could. The King, being wise and with much foresight, knew that these remnents of evil would not submit and would spread fear in the newly-freed lands, and would have to be brought to justice. In the second year of his reign, he commissioned a Company consisting mostly of Dúnedain Rangers he knew and those who served under Faramir in Ithilien. In ten years of vigilence, they were fairly successful in their mission, but there was one who eluded them. This story tells of the final days of pursuit of this wiley individual...

Basic Storyline: Servants of the King pursue Naiore Dannan, the Ravenner of Mordor, who has continued to wreak havoc in the aftermath of the war and has remained elusive of her pursuers. Along her trail of evasion, others have become entangled in her wiles, both with her and against her. This story moves through the varied twists and turns that lead to a final showdown between Naiore and the peoples of the west.

The purpose of the story is to: Bring Naiore to justice.

The story is over when: Naiore is captured or killed.

Starting Location: The Forsaken Inn, a days journey east of Bree.

Likely ending destination: Somewhere near the Gladden Fields.

Timeframes:
This RP takes place in the Year 12 of the FOURTH Age, starting in midsummer.
The storyline covers roughly 2 months through the latter half of summer moving towards fall.

This game requires a time commitment of 12 weeks (?) from me, the game owner and from the major players.

Ok, so can we actually make it writing in three months real time for two months RP time? I really don't want anyone to have to "force-write" anything or gloss over any interactions because of artifical time restraints.

Now to go over Ealasaid's fine listing above... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
It looks pretty good, though I listed it as such:

ACT I: Happening at the Forsaken Inn
The Rangers meet (Amandur, Hanasían, and the other two)
Naiore & Vanwe meet near the Inn
the two shady characters are either already at the Inn or arrive (writers choice)
Benia, Kaldir, and Gilly are not at the Inn but are in the nearby woods.

Act II: Meetings
Kaldir and Naiore sense each other in the wooded lands near the Inn.
Vanwe seeks Naiore
Per chance, intuition, or whispered rumor, Naiore's presense is suspected by the Rangers and also the shady characters.
Naiore is sought by all in their own ways.
Gilly & Benia are in custody of Kaldir.

Act III: Intrigue
Naiore, Vanwe, and the two shady folk get together (though I'm not sure how this will be written as the Rangers will be in active pursuit of her. Maybe they could leave the Inn first and follow Vanwe??)
The Hunters & the Hunted all stalk each other a bit. There are run-ins & confrontations as Naiore attempts to take out her pursuers by whatever means she has at her disposal.
Gilly & Benia try to decide whether to assist Kaldir, escape from him, or attempt to redeem him. Hanasian finds Kaldir.

ACT IV: The noose tightens...
With Rangers and bounty hunters closing in, Naiore changes her focus from killing the Rangers to pursuing Menecin, using any and all to conceal her path. Shady characters start to realize she may be setting them up for a fall and so plot against her.
Gilly & Benia manage to free themselves or Kaldir loosens his grip as he increasingly looks for Naiore. The Rangers (all of them) and Lespheria ride together.

ACT V: The End game
Naiore tries to take down anyone she can whilst planning to escape the closing trap. The shady characters plan their move against Naiore, either on their own or together, and in her course to shake her pursuers, Naiore is trapped somewhere near the Gladden Fields.

Ok... that is the basics as I see it, which is for the most part how Ealasaid has written it. To keep the ending interesting, I propose that some bounty is on Naiore's head due to her being able to evade the King's company. So it could be anyone who finally brings Naiore in? Just a thought.

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]