View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 10:35 PM   #629
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Is this the longest gap I've left so far? Sorry. :-( It continues to be one of those... years.
I mean... ditto. It's crawling at a snail's pace. I kept hoping that I might be able to finish another stanza at lease before I post this, but I'm about to embark on a computerless vacation and I'm nowhere near that benchmark. And this is despite me apparently getting over my creative burnout - I'm all down to write some music again, but then other stuff prevents me from getting on with it. Truly, it's been one of those years. I feel like it's analogous to Achilles from the famous Greek mathematical paradox, where he is chasing the turtle. It's going forward but slower and slower, and calculus hasn't been invented yet. :/ Still though! As long as we don't dig in our heels for good, we'll get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
But! I have finally pulled myself together long enough to get the full Hate video done. Nothing fancy, but it's another song done. It also means that we have a straight run from 1-17, and once the Prison Duet is finished that will go up to 1-19. We're actually... nearly there?
Yep! It's kinda baffling, and exciting. After Prison, there will just be... the final trio? Plus (hopefully) a complete revision of Doriath Duet, and a musical touch-up of Duel. Plus other more minor touch-ups as desired, but those are the two I feel need to be brought up to par. And then optionally a gag reel with some of the parody stuff. Oh, and an "exit bow" potpourri, if we wish. A mere trifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Speaking of the Prison Duet, I listened and liked it. It's massively different to Hate, of course! Definitely feels like your music was less of the melody, more of the, uh... other thing. ^_^ I liked it.
This makes me a little nervous. Because I went through yet another pair of earphones again, and every time I change them, the music sounds a little different (eg currently I have one pair which has very shrill flutes and quiet bases, and one that has nice rich bases but quiey upper register woodwinds). I am paranoid that when I balance the volumes, it will be set to a certain type of earphones/speakers, and it will sound awful or at least weird when played from someone else's computer. I thought the melody in Prison is very traceable - the vast majority of the lines are scored 1:1 with the melody. So if it's hard to trace... Uh oh, what's going on with my sound???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
(Sadly, what I do not like is listening to myself singing this stuff. I wanted to listen to the Act 1 run a couple weeks back, but NOPE not happening.)
Whyever not? I mean, sure, we're not as good as the professional guys doing this on stage - but then again, we ain't all that bad either. I like listening to our old stuff. I like the way it turned out. :-)

ETA: and now I have Ballad stuck in my head :-D