View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #1021
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Character development is a very important part of most of the BD role-playing games. Not to mention that it is one of the things that makes the LotR itself and other Tolkien works so great. I would never call character development some of the 'little, unimportant stuff'.

The Golden Perch is not meant for a deeper, more complicated, conflict driven plot. I've explained this to you, bantyr. But just because this game does not depend on that, does not mean that the writers here could not take the very same characters and play them in a conflict driven plotted game if they so desire.

This discussion thread is not meant for a debate about how the game should be played. This thread is for discussion about what is going on in the game, for any questions about the game, and about introducing new characters. We have discussed Goldie long enough, I think. If you want to introduce a character that you feel will fit in more with the style of writing and characters that are found here, then by all means do.

-- Folwren