View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 PM   #316
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Do I have it right if I think that basically nothing has happened with the slave-refugees?

So they are still confused after the attack of the slavers and their own internal polemics?
Well, essentially, their internal issues plus the fact that they have wounded to take care of keep them from going anywhere. The wounded are the main factor, and are the main reason Khamir lets things go for a little while (well, at least that's the reason he tells himself). They'd have to leave the wounded behind and people to care for them, but they're not about ready to split up...it actually takes a well-organized, tightly knit group to do that successfully.

As for the timeline... I was thinking the slavers were planning a raid for Day 2, because they will be dealing with other disturbances that night - both the Fellowship rescue and the Orcs once again plundering from their camp. So, the Fellowship would actually be rescuing on Night 2 (the Night of Day 1). I am perhaps forgetting the plot outline completely right now. My brain is mostly mush after so many hours in an airplane and in a car, with a timezone switch thrown in... (Speaking of which, if anyone would like to see pretty pictures from Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone, PM me and I'd be glad to share when I get all the good ones uploaded. I even have bear pictures! )

Sorry to everyone for my traveling and my net difficulties! I'll do my best to work on a post (or two) tomorrow (it's getting close to midnight here, so I'll have to shoot for that).