View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 04:47 AM   #8
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
The music in the jail when Halbrand was talking about his past sounded vaguely like the strings of Rohan from Lotr - maybe a red herring? I don't think he's Sauron, I'm reluctant to connect him with Eorl, I really like the theory that he's the King of the Dead, but he's a strong contender for a Ringwraith if not.
The long-lost king bit may be the biggest clue re: Wraith, now that I think of it. The idea that the Nazgûl were "kings" of Men became wobbly as soon as Tolkien said some of them were Númenóreans--it seems pretty apparent that none of the actual Tar- or Ar- kings were wraiths (since they all have documented death-dates), so calling them "kings" has to be taken broadly. Still, I think it would make sense to have at least one actual king in the mix, and the geopolity we're being given for Middle-earth this season doesn't have many candidates.