View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #29
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots Abroad thoughts from the home front

The Queen humbly wishes to pose another question of his August Majesty... Oh, wait, the game has not started.

Fordim, all your characters here are Pastians, except for the Emissary of course. It is possible to suggest minor or cameo roles for characters in Alanzia? Or should this be handled a secondary characters which one of us can do?

I am thinking particularly of the half-brother of Queen Bekah who rules Alanzia now. But I also have some traders and merchants in mind, who travel between the two countries establishing trade. So far, this game is very top heavy, with members of the aristocracy. Can we widen the social base a bit? I see Alanzia as a less stratified country socially, where merchants are not viewed as socially inferior. Should I make up brief descriptions for them and "advertise" for gamers? Or would that open up too many Byzantine prospects? I am willing to 'carry' these characters should you prefer that route.

I have other secondary characters also, such as servants, who will appear in my posts from time to time.

I would like to offer a place in the Queen's retinue to Alak's Arlomë, if such is acceptable to Alak's plans.

And might I suggest something to Aylwen? I imagine there is some very natural antagonism between Bekah and her daughter, as is usual during the teen years when a daughter is establishing herself as an adult and wanting to move beyond the mother's sphere. This need not be a political dispute but for the time simply a personal state in their relationship. Does this make any sense to you?

Right now, my ideas for the 'retinue' are simply to have a group of people, it could be just women, or it could include men, who weave tapistries. These and carpets are one of the prime commodities being traded between the two countries, althought spices, wheat, sugar beets and jewellry are also traded.

Not that I want to bring Alanzia so prominently into the game. Well, maybe I do. Just to give Fordim some things to think about so he can enjoy his role as Game Founder.