View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 06:35 PM   #182
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Orogarn Two wept openly at the touching sight of Merisuwyniel at the grave of her mother. His mother was also dead, buried in the the Wight City deep in the sacred ground of the Hollowed Tooth, and the memory of her washed over him. He stood for many moments, immersed in the grief he shared with the Elven maiden, and then turned away to face a decision.

Long had he been away from Minus Teeth, and almost as long had he trudged along silently with the steadfast itship, only occasionally aiding his companions in time of dire need or utter boredom. He had joined the group in answer to a dream, and through the hard road from the Hidden Valley Ranch to Minus Morghoul, he had gotten no closer to answering the riddle. Not only had he not had the chance to even one rehearse for his big haired 80s band, but his wallet was still missing. Danged ents!

He absently wiped the grisly remnants of Gravlox from his hands and look to the west where he could just make out the peak of Mandolin, whose snowy slopes overshadowed his beloved city.

“I, too, will go to Minus Teeth,” he declared. “I would show you her wondrous streets and towering ivory spires. We will climb the Great Bridge to the Citibank and from there you will witness the glory of Grundor.”

His fellow travelers smiled at the thought of a guided tour of the Wight City, which was very likely to be in much better repair than Park Galen.

“And there, in the deep libraries, I will research until I discover which light-fingered tree-man pilfered my moneybag!”