View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #20
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elros
I do feel that the books that have been released due to Christopher's "assistance" have added to the Middle Earth that many readers find themselves in, but one does wonder if the Creator himself would have approved of these works being put together and published. What if these were meant to remain private?

I look forward to the release, but like some of the posthumous Ernest Hemingway novels, one must wonder what the author would think.
Ct is fully authorised to do whatever he wants with the unpublished material. From Tolkien's will:

Quote:
’Upon Trust to allow my son Christopher full access to the same* in order that he may act as my Literary Executor with full power to publish edit alter rewrite or complete any work of mine which may be unpublished at my death or to destroy the whole or any part or parts of any such unpublished works as he in his absolute discretion may think fit and subject thereto’

*unpublished works
davem is offline   Reply With Quote