View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 06:40 AM   #347
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That gives me a thought. Can we just go with a version of Captivity with likewise temporary Beren - can be done by me if you prefer, doesn't matter - so that we have presentable version up, with the updated choir and whatever other updates (if any) it's been waiting for? I have a feeling that otherwise it might stay in the "in progress" state for a long time.
We can! The "hS Sings Everyone" final versions of:

03 - Meeting in Neldoreth

17 - Captivity

(Please tell me I'm not crazy - that is a version of Captivity with Elanor's vocals, right? If not, please bounce me the final choir again, because I'll have lost it.)

Both with subtitles too! (Cool thing will be later.)

Quote:
I don't know what your vision was for that, but I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to showcase the crown off Finrod's head at the end of Renunciation. It might be a tad silly to have the Feanorions play Hot Potato with it in Quarrel, though. ^.^
It could be a central 'character' between them, though, which Thingol would then jump in front of.

Quote:
A question. Does Thingol Steals The Mic happen in Nargothrond, or Doriath? Not that this is a pressing problem right now, but given how out of Sil this scene is I struggle to put it back under Sil geography logic.
I think the most logical idea is for Thingol to Steal The Mic in Nargothrond, but then go back home to find Melian waiting with her grumpy face on. What do you think?

Speaking of the Aria: Melian's first words are still up as "Elu, my dear husband". At the risk of Arumaning things up, should we replace that with "Thingol" (which scans just as well) to avoid throwing yet another name at people, plus potential confusion with "Eru" elsewhere? I don't think the Russian even uses a name, so it's not a translation thing.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote