View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #539
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I would like to introduce my character to the Inn:

NAME: Rorimac (Rory) Pincup-Brandybuck (for the explanation of this unusual connection see below)

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: none

APPEARANCE: Tall (for a hobbit), very light brown hair and blue eyes. Wears always clean white shirt (thanks to his wife) and leather breeches when he is on his journey, along with a straw hat and a red scarf around his neck. His pony, Buttercup, is sorrel-coloured middle-aged pony.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Hand-minded and capable to quickly learn. Is afraid of water and cannot swim, despite his family's roots. He also does not like animals much, except for his pony who had been his companion for several years. Very curious and quick-witted, especially when it comes to rumors. Also very loud and talkative, always voicing his opinions and commenting current events. He considers himself very clever and his own advices good for everyone. This has a downside, as he lacks the empathy to understand those who are around him.

HISTORY: His parents lived in Pincup where they moved after their marriage, but the family still maintains connection with their Buckland relatives. His father is a carpenter of great renown, at least among the dwellers of Pincup. Rorimac had always great interest in the local events, listened to all the gossip and he knows practically everyone in the village. When he was younger, he helped his father in the carpenter job; later, he started to work as carter with his friend Andy Hornblower. Few years ago he married Poppy Brockhouse, his friend's brother-in-law's sister. They are expecting their first child now. Recently, Rory was appointed to deliver a set of knives made by Mr. Banks at Pincup to Bucklebury, so he decided to connect his job with a visit of his relatives.

Tell me when I am allowed to post in the Inn itself. (Concerning my entering scene, I would probably like to appear at the Inn itself, or could meet the others in the forest, though I would like to avoid any personal contact with the wolves...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories