View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 06:10 AM   #28
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I can only imagine Great Wargs strolling down a busy street! Some Wargs have extremely short tempers, so I suppose that some people may die as a result of that scheme. But if I ever need looking after then a Warg would come top of my list.

So far the thread has been solely about Wargs but I'd like to talk about the Warg Rider. Rest assured, the Warg Rider is not a normal Orc as depicted in the movies. Oh no. The Warg Rider is a different being altogether. He is no mere Goblin. He is an intrinsically evil tamer of Wargs. He corrupts them to his will. He is very powerful indeed.

Just consider the list of foes who have tried AND FAILED to defeat him. Elrond, Theoden, Eomer, Faramir, Saruman, Galadriel, a host of Dunlending Wildmen and the ENTIRE RACE OF DWARVES! The only two foes he has ran from are Aragorn and Gandalf the White, for he knows that their ferocity is too much for him to handle.

The Warg Rider is cunning and feasts (not literally) on the weakness of some Wargs. He is a deadly enemy. Elrond once prophecised that the Great Wargs would one day seek for the Warg Rider and vanquish him for all that he has done to the good name of the Warg. Galadriel was not too sure whether Elrond was right or not.