View Single Post
Old 03-09-2003, 12:40 AM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

What a wonderful thread, Lush! I’m laughing so hard while recognizing myself all over the place! Oh well, I keep saying that there are worse addictions than one that makes me think, read and write creatively, right?! Here are a few additions of my own:

1. You panic when the site and/or forum is down for a few minutes and go into the chat room to find out why and how long.

2. You stay up really late or get up really early to compensate for the fact that your time zone is out of whack with prime time on the Downs.

3. You keep the rest of the family awake, not just with the sound of typing, but with a live Tolkien reading on voice chat.

4. You have mixed feelings when your kids come home to visit – you love them, but they want time on your computer!

5. You place other working utensils (ironing board, sewing machine) in the room with your computer and say you’re going to be working.

6. You leave the computer on all day, just so you can “peek” in to see if anything new has been posted.

7. You plunder Alk’s member pics page and the chat wight page for pictures of the people you talk to most, print them and attach them to the wall behind your monitor, so you can see their faces while chatting.

8. You spend hours paging through the dictionary to find funny equivalents for Middle-Earth names and places for a parody RPG.

9. You buy dozens of chocolate children’s eggs to get the LotR figurines that are hidden in some of them, even though you don’t like that brand of chocolate.

10. You buy the complete set of HoME books because of the many discussions about them on the forum, but don’t have time to read them because there’s so much forum reading to do!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote