View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 05:32 AM   #79
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
For a long time no one really said anything. There was some banter, some sorrow, but mostly just quiet. People eyed each other suspiciously and cleared their throats. The shadows moved across the door and before they knew half the day had gone by without any real suspects.

Finally Inzil shouted,” Mac! It was Mac! I mean look at him! All, man-shaped and what not. How easy would it be for him to be wolf-shaped?”

“This guy’s crazy. It was Shasta!” Mac pointed at Shasta, a crazy look in his eyes.

“My darling, Kit!” Sally wailed, covering her face. “Inzil did her in! Kill Zil!”

Rikae took up the cry. “Kill Zil!”

“Legate,” McCaber said softly. “It’s clear as the Kit’s eye on the counter. It’s Legate.”

“Yes, Legate, of course,” Greenie took a step away from him. “I shared a drinking glass with you once. Suppose I’ve caught his wolfiness?” she asked, horror etched on her face.

“Zil or Legate?” Agan scratched her head. “Zil or Agan? Mmmm, well I like Zil. So, Legate must be guilty because I only like nice, non murderous people. And don’t worry, Greenie, you can’t catch wolfiness from a drinking cup. Er, at least I don’t think you can.”

Legate’s mouth dropped open in horror. “Me?” From the neck up he turned a bright red. He flapped his arms like a giant bird. “How can you all be so stupid?! Me! Do you realize how sorry you’re all going to be! Fools! Idiots! Knaves!”

“That’s enough out of you,” Mac said.

McCaber and Greenie advanced on Legate. He dodged them, running out the doorless frame into the streets of Sleepy Hollow. The rest of the village followed in hot pursuit.

He was almost to his home. He knew if he could get inside he could lock the doors and protect himself. He only had to make it a few more feet. Poor Legate tripped over a stone in the ground, tumbling face first into the dirt. In a moment they were on him.

Zil grabbed the stone that had proved Legate’s undoing, with all his might he brought it down on Legate’s head. Blood, brains, hair, and bits of bone stuck to the stone and covered the dirt road that led to Legate’s front door. Nothing happened. The was setting, he should have been transforming into his wolf form.

The village waited as twilight moved in. Still nothing happened. Legate’s body just remained human and dead in the road.

“Maybe he was a secret cobbler?” Agan suggested.

Nerwen stepped into his house to look around. She found a bow and quiver near the door. “Oh dear,” she muttered, grabbing it to take outside.

For so long Legate had stood watch over the village. Turning back bandits Sleepy Hollow didn’t even know existed. Their Ranger, their last line of protection, was gone and he was only three days from retirement too.

The Living
Inziladun
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Rikae
Nerwen
Aganzir
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green
Macalaure

The Dead
Kitanna – ripped apart Night 1 - Moddess
Legate of Amon Lanc - Brained on Day 1 - Ranger

Night 2 has begun

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-11-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote