View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 AM   #118
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lachrandir was mollified to a certain degree by the contrite attitude that had come upon the Borrim, though he was surprised to find that Khandr, the man he had come to see, should have been so rash as to lead such an uncouth welcome in person. The Borrim envoy's cryptic words seemed to warn of severe dissension being fomented between these tribes of Men. Not remembering that his own Elven kind were divided far more profoundly, Lachrandir mused on the lack of discipline among these mortals. His words were now polite, though he kept to Sindarin.

"I am afraid I can bring little news of your own people, Master Khandr; for I have not seen the fortress of Himring since the Dagor Bragollach. Your own tidings will be more up to date than mine. I have long dwelt in the south; the ruin of Thargelion and the settling of Caranthir's people with the folk of Amrod and Amras has proved absorbing work. I do, though, carry, indirectly, a certain message from Lord Maedhros. We shall speak on this subject later this eve. In the meantime," and his gaze swept across to include all the sheepish-looking Borrim, "I would be pleased to accept your kind offer to join your table."

Lachrandir smiled, in a fairly genuine fashion, leaving the coldness of his look behind, and turned to his page. "I think, friends, that this companion of mine will not assume such a terrible visage once he has been plied with some of your, ah, cheese and viands..."