View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 05:05 PM   #152
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Lothlorien: Dec 16

Erebemlin watched the thick smoke billow and darken the bright stars that were peaking between the clouds. He contemplated the dark urgency of the mind that visited him. The thoughts brought him pain. How could another elf feel such despair, such anguish? And again, there was the interest in Nimrodel. The cold water ran from the mountains flowing through the forest’s center. Could this elf be from the forest? An ellon who left to live elsewhere, now wishes to return to the river of his childhood?

“Silmaethor, I mean not to step where I am not welcome, but I felt and heard some of the fleeting mind.” Caranduin spoke in a hushed voice.

“I felt it also, though I heard not. It was a sudden light that was cold and desperate.” Celegtâl added as he searched the sky and horizon for a sign as to the source of the light. Taitheneb was quiet, not acknowledging whether he saw or felt the light, instead he walked slowly from the fire and away from the others.

Erebemlin remained silent for several moments collecting his thoughts. “I know not the source, but this is not first time I have encountered these thoughts.” Before the younger elves could ask for more from Erebemlin, he looked into the sky and continued. “The dawn will arrive soon…I shall return to the forest. Continue the cleansing and Taitheneb…” The Sinda suddenly realized that the fourth of their party had removed himself.

Erebemlin opened his mind and searched the elf’s heart. Sadness lingered there. Taitheneb, your heart breaks. Speak to me, mellon, what ails you?

I too heard the voice in the wind. Taitheneb stopped walking, but did not turn to face Erebemlin who stood a dozen yards behind him. Such darkness and desperation, as though he had lost the most precious treasure anyone could have. The elf lowered his head and recalled Gwaewen’s lovely face. He had named her Miriell, his treasured maiden. That was long ago…he pictured her waving as she sailed from the shore. Her parents had tired of Middle Earth and refused to leave without her despite his hopes to marry her. I apologize, Silmaethor. I only need some time to my memories, and I will return.

I am here if you need me, mellon. Erebemlin released Taitheneb and retreated to his forest home.