View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 12:25 PM   #17
lord_of_rohan2003
Animated Skeleton

lord_of_rohan2003 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

As I stated earlier I was a fan of the first movie before reading the books and im still discovering the great world of Tolkien.I think that the movies and the books are both masterpiecies in their own rights.<P>Now granted I can see where PJ and crew will butcher,delete,and completly destroy parts of Tolkiens story but thats only given when Hollywood makes a movie bassed of a novel,sure it can be aggravating(Dream Catcher anyone?)but overall I am happy with how it turned out,so far.<P>One good thing about these movies is that it's bringing in a whole new generation young and old to JRRT world with myself and others being some of those.And I think I can speak on the behalf of all of us were getting tired of being called trend followers.<P>Dont get me wrong im not pointing fingers and saying someone here has called me that,so far folks have been cool with me,but at other websites I have been to the moment you say you read Tolkien after seeing the movies they immediatly attack you saying crap that as soon as the movies and hype dies down i'll just dissaper and find the next big thing to be part of But it's funny that they say that when they listen to popular music off MTV,buy the way overpriced trendy clothes,etc.etc.I guess that they feel special that they were part of something before it became "hip".<P>But anyway to get back on topic yes the movies have their flaws,yes there is much more I wish they could of add(or left alone)and I deffintly wish that some charcters could of been invited to the movies(Glorfindel?Bombadil?hello?)but when you think of all the childish gross out comedies,the pointless action movies,and other sedative yawners these movies are a breath of fresh air from the typical mound of dog dodo <P>But if I do have one complaint,why is Gandalf on my can of sour cream and onion pringles?
lord_of_rohan2003 is offline   Reply With Quote