View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #14
monks
Animated Skeleton

monks is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Just wondering, monks. Have you read Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49? Or Eco's Foucault's Pendulum?
Hi William, nice to meet you. :-)
No I haven't. What's your point exactly? Nothing to add about the Hammond and Scull example? Have you read my posts yet?Anyway..there are a lot of books I'd love to read but my research takes up WAY too much time mate. A friend of mine thought very highly of Pynchon's 'Gravity's Rainbow'.

As I've said to Huinesoron, I've not even read most of the H.O.M.E cover to cover. I've bumped into lots of things in my research in those books- that is searches on words and contexts of those words. I don't have to hide that fact because I was still able to 1) make 102 predictions 2) find and explain those images on the West Gate 3) explain Seth's anagrams. 4) Have clearer insights than experts into pictures that I've never even seen. Because...I've read an enormous number of etymologies of words in his texts and studied his texts and letters forensically in that manner (my method)..and I know Tolkien's methods (both as a writer and as a riddler) and his system. I can have insights into pictures I've never even seen because the reality of his works are in the hidden realm of etymology. Every word you look at- the real meaning of how Tolkien used it- is hidden to us as non-philologists.

Btw, you are reading the Lord of the Rings map upside down boys. It's a medieval symbolic landscape like this map and this one and the medieval T-O maps, like the landscapes of the Arthurian Romances, like Charles Williams' Taliessin through Logres. And you've all missed it. D'you want me to elaborate? Have a fish.

Hammond and Scull had already spotted the butterfly disguised in the image 'Undertenishness' . That's just the tip if the iceberg.

Did you see this lady hidden in this image?
Do you see the hidden figures in the West Gate?
Did you see the two figures here? That's the Loathly Lady theme.
Did you see these wings and this apparition in this image?
Do you see the geometry of the rune Dagaz?
He reuses that in other images such as his drawing of Helm's Deep and twice (here and here)in his Book Mr Bliss.
Do you see these hidden images in the West Gate?
Did you see the woman with her cloak with its left wing oustretched (the same wing in Seth's anagram MINE HOLE FALL HELD LEFT WING and the same wing in the butterfly rune).
Do you see the Balrog as the inverse of that woman here? Turn the picture upside down- just like the TLotR map in fact.

The hidden images are there because it's all manifestations of his geometry in his medieval symbolic landscape and he uses the same system in ALL of his works.

So you didn't see them. There's more too...a LOT more. If folks can all stop dismissing me, we might as a community clean those windows. Hey, I missed those wings in 'Before' even after looking at that image many many times- because I've studied it and used it as evidence in arguments as the 'butterfly rune' dagaz = the Door. The same butterfly in Undertenishness. And then I found the drawn wings- which are the same wings as those in the butterfly rune and in Seth's anagram. It just shows you how easy it is to become blind through familiarity and believe that you 'know' what you're looking at. What's more I can explain the symbolism of all of those images too. And important to state, I found those images AFTER I'd worked his system out from the etymologies. See my response to Boromir88 above:

We need, in any case, to clean our windows; so that the things seen clearly may be freed from the drab blur of triteness or familiarity—from possessiveness. Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention, perceiving their likeness and unlikeness: that they are faces, and yet unique faces. This triteness is really the penalty of “appropriation”: the things that are trite, or (in a bad sense) familiar, are the things that we have appropriated, legally or mentally. We say we know them.

D'you see what he's doing? The same faces he's hidden in his pictures. And he's dropping major hints there because that's what he DOES.

I will have to drag you all kicking and screaming into the world of Tolkien, the English language as HE USED IT. It's all hidden in plain sight in front of you right under your noses. It's not a dark art and I'm not Nostradamus or Dan Brown . Just look at the etymologies for goodness sake. No brainer! If people haven't got time. Fair enough. I have. And if you're not interested in such things, also fair enough but, to those people, don't turn up into my posts and pretend you already know that I'm wrong wrong wrong. If you'd all written this post off as "clickbait" like Morthoron has done you would never have learned that about why Tolkien chose the Russian Boatmen's Song and drew that image would you all? And you might even consider that to not be hardly worth knowing. But the big take away from that detail as I pointed out is that you are all using the wrong METHOD to understand Tolkien. And that the experts are not as expert as everyone thinks. Multiply that little moment of insight by a couple of orders of magnitude, and you arrive where I am. I'd like to SHARE that insight. I am NOT smarter than everyone else. I even make it VERY clear on my homepage that this all began through LUCK and the real smarts are with Tolkien because HE HAS A SYSTEM and is predictable. Thanks for reading.

monks

Last edited by monks; 08-05-2020 at 10:49 AM.
monks is offline   Reply With Quote