View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 06:34 AM   #159
Lugbúrz
Haunting Spirit

Lugbúrz has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Dear Riders to the Dark Side,

Something must be said about the routes and a rather "loose" management of the geography surrounding the pursuit. Bear with me for being a little critical here but pio was correct to point out concerns early on. Unfortunately none replied to her question "Where are you going from there?", or at least I wasn't able to spot a reply, and from the RPG, it is not clear either.

Let me start from the beginning:

1. (Minor) If the journey began in Edoras, the issue of crossing the Snowbourne does not enter the framework. I'm assuming this was an erroneous inclusion due to some confusion? Or maybe they did this to be more clandestine and also confuse the trackers. In that case, good job. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

2. (This is one quite harmless) but I was curious: Oro you mention in your first post traveling 'east' with the White Mountains on your left... Where are you? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

3. (Major) The problematic thing in the story is where does one cross the Anduin? The Great River was well guarded in these years, and presents the strongest line of defense to Gondor on the East.

Taking the last point into consideration, and the fact that the quest has not resolved these issues as the Anduin has not been reached yet, I am taking some liberties in my post to add to the story, iron out these logistical issues, address pio's questions and provide a more robust route for the horses.

Please bear with me for this. I am going to post soon, as I will not have the time to post later.

Kiara,

I will send you a PM after my post. I trust you have had the time to discuss things with Bethberry.

All,

It was a pleasure to read the game. Keep up the good work.