View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #38
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andsigil View Post
Look. Let's face it: elves may be good fighters, powerful sorcerers, and wise loremasters, but, at the heart, they're still prissy, metrosexual nancy-boys. Dwarves may be short, but they're hirsute, direct, and manly. That makes them better.

(runs and ducks for cover)
Ummm...wow.

*Considers Andsigil's rather bellicose statements*

Hmmm...I don't see how one can consider Dwarves 'manly' (a contradiction in any case), because they have virtually no females (and evidently no interest in them if they had some) -- poor Dis being the one and only Smurfette mentioned among the Smurfish Dwarves (well, they did come from the Blue Mountains, didn't they?). Unless, of course, you mean manly in the sense of The Village People:

Young dwarf, there's no need to feel down
I said, young dwarf, cos' you live underground
I said, young dwarf, pile your gold into mounds
There's no need to see sunlight

Young dwarf, why don't you leave Erebor
I said, young dwarf, go to Hollin's Door
I said, young dwarf, take your axe off to war
There's some Orcs to be-head

It's fun to stay down in M-O-R-I-A

You can mine for mithril and make marvelous toys
You can hang out with all the boys

You can stuff yourself like a drunken hog
Just don't you wake up the Balrog...etc.