View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I'm willing to bet they'd sound considerably different!~Ibrin
True, that does put a slant on things. And Aragorn was at least impressed with Gimli's fighting prowess:
Quote:
"That must be my hope," said Legolas. "But I wish that he had come this way. I desired to tell Master Gimli that my tale is now thirty-nine!"

"If he wins back the caves, he will pass your count again," laughed Aragorn. "Never did I see an axe so wielded."~Helm's Deep
So, weapons involved and the type of combat would definitely play into the situation.

Then again the question is asking about really some of the greatest warrior elf-lords, let's not forget about 'Elf-magic,' because it takes more than being a skilled fighter to kill a Balrog. Also, I've never imagined Dwarves as being the one-on-one single combat type, like the powerful elves.