View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 02:40 PM   #197
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child shakes her curly head in amazement and inches over towards Piosenniel. She sets her mailbag on the floor as second and third doubts begin to assail her about the wisdom of drafting a battle plan against his highness, Lord Mithadan, who is far above her in both stature and rank.

Piosenniel, er, er..... "Guerilla actions?"...."First prong of an attack?"

Child hastily scrawls a note to Piosennil, slips it into her lap and beats a hasty retreat to a distant corner of the pavillion. This note reads:

Dear Elf Friend,

Now, I will not deny that in my distant past, in the true days of "Frodo Lives," I did some rather strange things which involved being chained up to administative buildings as well as protest marches and similar activities which had best remain unsaid and which, I am certain, Professor Tolkien would not approve of!!

However, I am now a semi-respectable dweller in the Barrow-downs who, by great zeal and hogging the family computer, finally managed to make it up to "wight". I even have aspirations to go beyond that lowly status. And it is my clear understanding that those who attempted revolutionary measures in the past were unceremoniously dumped down to the rank of "newly deceased", a fate I would prefer not to share.

Moreover you, as an exalted Elf, are better equipped to lead such a movement. I am at best a poor, humble hobbit who may already be in trouble for posting scurrilous and long-winded threads. So, it is undoubtedly best that you go forward in this half-baked effort on your own, or perhaps with the assistance of Birdland, who has been known to act as ringleader in many less than reputable circles. Or perhaps you could get one of the Tooks to assist you as they also have a reputation for strangeness!

Your more respectable hobbit friend