View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 09:25 AM   #185
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dûm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Zifnab has been in a silent stumper since the party began. ‘Why’ you may say. ‘Don’t ask Why, drink Barrow-down dry.’. Actually he is in shocked state of mind that nobody has noticed him (besides his good friend Rim, and that was after a good ‘thwaping&#8217 [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] in his current cloth situation. He has come in his birthday suit…..err…..shirt. Birthday Shirt. He has worn his now already travel stained ‘Barrow-Downs’ T-shirt and decides the time is right for a fast plug. ‘Buy Right, Buy Barrow-Wight’. Zifnab chuckles at his pun and shares it Rimbaud who is currently to busy trying to make amends with the ‘green bottle’.

To be honest, he has been busy doing other wightly stuff, and his attention has not been focused on the goal in hand. He has ignored a few pages….err…dialog, between the party goers, and makes up time by speed reading through must of them. This does not help, since the majority of the BD’ers write such complex and wonderfully delightful posts. He decides it best to slow down and catch up.

He scans the room, seeing mostly recognizable faces and a few that are new to him. He waves to the regulars and newbies (which at this time, they all had to squint and focus on who this character was waving at them). Seeing the regulars and newbies alike all hold their hands to their eyes, he assumes it is a salute and feels very comforted by that act. He moseys on over to the Salon, guns swaying in their hostlers, spurs clanking from the vibration of the hard word floors, hat partially covering his eyes. And says too the bartender, ‘Howdy partner, I’ll take a Roy Rodgers.’ ‘What the heck is that?’ he/she responds, ‘This here ain’t no Cowboy Party, I suggest you pack up and head out West, before the going gets tough.’. ‘Err…..Ya….My thoughts exactly, I’ll just take a Tom Collins.’ mumbles Zifnab has he changes his outfit back into his birthday suit……Shirt! ‘Boy, this shirt is a lot more comfortable to wear. It sure beats that bear-suit.’ he thinks to himself.

On a further note, besides from the above jibber jabber. I would like to add my thanks for the Barrow-wight, and all the Moderators out there. Many of us feel like this is our home away from home. A nice place to get lost in, if I do say so myself. A big congratulation to you all for making this thee best site on the web. And I hope the next two years finds us all in good fortune. Thanks again!