View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 02:07 PM   #455
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well my own vague thoughts were to let the die-hards who have kept up most of the way, (Erenor, Angore,Bethiril, Faerim, Belegorn, Lissi, Renedwen & children) to make it through to Mithlond even as sole survivors..... I was not anticipating a big group to make it other wise it would be too much of a digression from the history. But even in carnage a few people can slip through the net. Bethiril I think intended to go on the ill-fated rescue ship so perhaps Osse can pick that up in his final post. If anyone else in the Mithlond party wants a watery death say the word. Otherwise I imagine the remaining Dunedain would end up eventually as part of the original Rangers of the North. I hope it wouldn't be too cheesy to have a slightly upbeat ending for a few alongside the bleak one for the others.

Of course if anyone would rather die then just let me know. But I wasn't going to leave Erenor in the caves for ever and I don't want to leave her in a snowfield either (even in a tent with Angore! )

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace