View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 10:04 PM   #112
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
White Tree

Reya smiled half-heartedly and clapped as the minstrels danced in circles and played merry music. Her husband had died at the Battle of Pellenor Fields a countless number of days ago, yet her heart had never fully healed. Selinn was half of Reya's life, and once he was parted from her, she was not truly whole.

Her thoughts drifted back four years, to the day the men of Rohan left to discover their inevitable doom. Delaynn was just shy of her first birthday, but as talkitive a baby could be. As Selinn stood in the doorway of their modest home, Reya forced herself to keep a smile on her face. "I will return, anyway I can. We will rid this Middle-Earth of the Darkness. I love you Reya... and you Dela!" He kissed them both one last time, and then mounted his giant steed. As the caravan of warriors rode past, he held up his hand in farewell and disapeared in the mass of large horse bodies.

Word was sent after the gruesome battle that Selinn and dozens of others from Rohan had died in the battle- including the King. "Where is his body?" Reya choked that misty morning, to the guard at her door. The tall blonde man told her that a number of valiant soldiers could not be found admist all of the other rotting carcasses and torn flesh.

Delaynn, her young daughter, twirled and threw petals of flowers at her feet, snapping her back to reality. "Mama, I'm gonna go look at Mister Caraedry's books, okay? Maybe I'll find one dat Papa will read to me when he gets home," The girl was completely oblivious to the fact that her father was never going to come home. She jingled the few coins her mother had gave her and hopped over toward the book-seller.

"Mister, do you have any books that I could read? I'm almost five!" Her dark golden waves bounced in the thick air as she looked up at the brown-haired man. Reya smiled from the booth and scooted toward the edge of her seat, watching her daughter intently. After Selinn died, Delaynn was all she had left.

Last edited by ArwenBaggins; 05-09-2004 at 04:08 PM.