View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 08:01 PM   #105
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Taliesin frowned as another customer approached the table after him and interrupted before the salesman had a chance to answer him. The old man's frown deepend when the salesman promptly ignored him and began to have a friendly conversation with the other customer.

Taliesin pondered about what to do. He wanted the book -- it had triggered something in his memory. But then again, he was afraid to cause a distraction. The Inn was peaceful, and he would hate to disrupt it, causing annoyance to the Innkeeper. But then again, the younger generation must be taught to respect their veteraned elders.

Clearing his throat, he tapped his cane upon the table, and said, "Young man, if I remember right, I was here before this second sight --" he pointed to the other customer -- "and I ask that you serve me first, for he came and interrupted me in friendly verbal burst." He stopped, licked his lips, and scratched his nose. "Once again I ask, What do you ask for these wares so fine, these golden characters in such delightful prime?"